Changing Master Password
Master Password is created when Kaspersky Password Manager is launched for the first time. You can change it later.
When changing the Master Password, Kaspersky Password Manager requests confirmation of the input password (the new password should be entered again). The new password cannot be saved without confirmation. If the confirmation password does not match the entered password, the confirmed password will be highlighted red. In this case, a warning message will appear when you try to save the new password.
To change the Master Password, please do the following:
- Open the main application window.
- In the bottom part of the window, click the Kaspersky Password Manager button.
- In the window that opens, click the Settings button.
- In the left part of the window, select the Authorization method section.
- In the right part of the window, under Password protection, click Change.
- In the window that opens, enter the new password in the and fields.