When Kaspersky Password Manager is running, various events occur that are of an informational nature. To keep up to date, use the notifications service. Users are notified of events by prompts and pop-up messages.
The following types of notifications are implemented in the application:
- Application start. A message appears upon application restart, when the application has already been started and the Password Database is not locked.
- Account activation. A message appears when the account is activated.
- Clear clipboard. Kaspersky Password Manager can temporarily store the password in clipboard. This is convenient when data needs to be copied and then pasted in the selected field. When the specified time expires, the password will be deleted from clipboard.
- Kaspersky Password Manager . A message appears when Kaspersky Password Manager automatically locks the Password Database. By default, Password Manager automatically locks the Password Database after the operating system starts up and after a specified time, during which the computer is not used.
- Exporting passwords to unencrypted file. A warning message saying that after export, your passwords will be saved in a non-encrypted file, and will consequently be made accessible to any user working on your computer. We recommend that before exporting data you consider ways of protecting the file containing passwords.
- Manual form edit. To set parameters for additional fields, the application requests permission to use the default browser. The message warns that images and system files (cookies) will be saved on your computer.
- Difficulties populating login information for the Account. This message warns that personal data cannot be entered automatically during authorization.
To receive notifications, please do the following:
- Open the main application window.
- In the bottom part of the window, click the Kaspersky Password Manager button.
- In the window that opens, click the Settings button.
- In the left part of the window, select the General section.
- In the right part of the window, click the Notification settings button in the General block.
- In the displayed window, check or uncheck the box next to the required types of notifications.