Creating strong passwords
Data security depends directly on the strength of the passwords. Data could be at risk in the following cases:
- one password is used for all accounts;
- the password is simple;
- the password uses information that is easy to guess (e.g. family members’ names or dates of birth).
To ensure data security, Kaspersky Password Manager allows unique and reliable passwords to be created for accounts using Password Generator.
A password is considered secure if it consists of more than four characters and contains special symbols, numbers, and upper- and lower-case letters.
Password security is determined by the following parameters:
- – the number of symbols in the password. This value can range from 4 to 99 symbols. The longer the password, the more secure it is considered to be.
- – uppercase letters.
- – lowercase letters.
- – numbers.
- Special symbols – special symbols.
- Exclude similar symbols – the use of identical symbols in a password is not permitted.
To create a strong password using the Password Generator, please do the following:
- Open the context menu of Kaspersky Password Manager and select Password Generator.
- In the window, specify the number of symbols in the password in the field.
- If necessary, you can specify additional settings for Password Generator under by checking / unchecking the box next to the required settings.
- Click Password field. To view the created password, check the box. . The created password is displayed in the
- Paste the password to clipboard by using the button , then enter the password in the password input field in the application / on the web page by pressing . The created password is saved in the clipboard.
- To save the specified settings for subsequent use, check the By default box.