Creating and connecting the portable version
For the portable version of Kaspersky Password Manager to run correctly on a public computer, you are recommended to install additional plug-ins for your web browser.
A plug-in can be installed in one of the following ways:
- From the plug-in installation wizard’s window. To do so, follow the steps of the plug-in installation wizard at the first launch of the portable version of Kaspersky Password Manager.
- From the Caption Button menu in the web browser window. To do so, in the Caption Button menu, select the Kaspersky Password Manager autofill plug-in is not installed item.
At the first startup of the application on a public computer, the installation wizard of the Kaspersky Password Manager’s portable version starts automatically. You are offered to apply the following advanced settings to the usage of the application’s portable version:
- create a shortcut of the portable version on the desktop, which allows launching the application later from the desktop of this computer;
- use the virtual keyboard – opens the virtual keyboard to enter personal data.
To create a portable version of Kaspersky Password Manager, please do the following:
- Open the main application window.
- In the bottom part of the window, click the Kaspersky Password Manager button.
- In the window that opens, click the Portable Version button.
- In the window that opens, select the device on which you wish to install the portable version of Kaspersky Password Manager, and click .
- In the window that opens, configure the settings of the portable version:
- To not enter the Master Password for access to the portable version of Kaspersky Password Manager, select the Never request Master Password box.
- For the Portable Version to start automatically at the connection of a removable device to the computer, select the Enable Autorun of Password Manager from removable device checkbox.
- Click the button. Click when the installation is complete.
To use the application’s portable version, please do the following:
- Connect the removable device to the computer.
- Run the portable version of the Kaspersky Password Manager from the selected removable drive, if it did not start automatically at the connection of a medium.
- At the first launch of the portable version, you will be offered to install autofill plug-ins, and disable the integrated password managers for the web browsers installed on your computer.
- Enter the Master Password in the displayed window.
The portable version of Kaspersky Password Manager is ready for use.